Friday 11 May 2012

happy friday - design randomness

here is an interesting insight into printed fabric production from one of my favourite companies Marimekko from Finland.  I like their simple dramatic designs and use of colour.




It's some time since I visited the Nora Fok exhibition at the Shipley Museum but her work is so beautiful that I've found this short clip where she talks about her inspiration. Good to revisit, especially when inspiration is lacking...
I really like the fact that while her work is important it is not complete without the wearer, something to bear in mind for the future.




creating a wallpaper for children has made me think about all things child related, here are some fantastic wooden toys - makes you wonder if they really are for children or whether adults are really the target as their design is so sophisticated!










No comments:

Post a Comment