Friday 27 April 2012

British Craft Trade Show

I was lucky enough to attend the British Craft Trade Show on a vista organised through college. It was a really interesting to gain entry to this show and see the working end of surface design in action. There were many stands showing sue really good design - not all to my personal taste but variety makes the world go round.
Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photographs but I did get the chance to chat to quite a few of the designers and hear about their journeys and experiences, also found one or two possibilities for placements next year.  Although photographs were not allowed I have found a couple of images on Jessica Hogarths blog.


























I like her use of drawing and simple colour
One of the things that surprised me was how small the display stands were. I think you must need to be very selective in terms of product which not every one was


After the Show we had some time to explore Harrogate - spent far too long in a pen shop and too much money but came away happy with some new ink pens to try. Also found Duttons for Buttons a most amazing shop selling primarily buttons - any shape, size or colour!!









No comments:

Post a Comment