Friday 6 July 2012

V&A British Design 1948 - 2012





Having not been to London for an age I had a list as long as my arm of things I wanted to do - however as with all great plans it changed and I only achieved a few of the to dos on my list! One of the exhibitions I wanted to see was at the V&A, British Design 1948-2012.  It was lovely to be greeted by these amazing columns in the entrance, great designs from the 50's which I love.


The exhibition was by its nature eclectic, ranging from textiles by Lucienne Day to chairs through the decades to Concord.  It worked its way through a wealth of political, social, technological  and scientific developments charting the progress of many key aspects of design.
It was fascinating seeing the development of products but somewhat alarming as I could remember many of them from the first time around!  It did however make me reflect on the pace at which design changes and the longevity of some design pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment